|This study aims to contribute to development of women’s incontinence panties with anti-aging effect meeting customers’ requirements by examining types, sorts, sizes and specifications of women’s incontinence panties currently sold in the market.
The results of analysis of a total of 22 commercial products are as follows.
1. Among the samples, 21 incontinence panties were slip on type like regular underwear; only 1 was pad insertion type. With respect to the length of side seam, 17 (77.3%) incontinence panties were above 14 cm which is classified as maxi; the rest of them (5, 22.7%) were 7~11 cm which is classified as middy.
2. With respect to size, the percentage of Size 3 was 40.9% showing the largest, followed by Size 4 (31.8%), Size 2 (18.2%), Size 5 (9.1%). To produce the incontinence panties considering various ages and body shapes, it is recommended to select above Size 4 as a minimum. 3. With respect to materials of the incontinence panties, natural fibers such as cotton or rayon were mostly used and a polyurethane, nylon or polyester was mixed to enhance the wearing sensation and stretchability of the panties. Finally, for structure of the crotch area, single knit was the largest (9, 40.9%), terry weave 7 (31.8%), sofe pile weave 4 (18.2%), and waffle weave or diamond weave 2.