* Communicative Competence
* Authenticity, Real-world situation
* Meaningful tasks
* Social, cultural, pragmatic features of language fluency
Language: Target language are used
Errors: How to deal with errors?
Focus on language function and fluency more than language form and accuracy
Theory of language in CLT
-Language is a system for the expression of meaning, primary f
1. Leisure as Big Business
11th largest industry profits in 2006
Annual revenues of over $100 billion
Triad—amusement, entertainment, recreation leisure activities
Entertainment content—live performances (theatre, musical concerts), interactive experiences (recreation, amusement parks, travel, gaming) and media (m
To enable student to communicate in the target language
Choose appropriate form, given the social context.
Manage the process of negotiating meaning with their interlocutors
Q2. What is the role of the teacher? And students?
Responsible manager of their own learning
H.W. # 1
Due by Feb. 24, 2011
1. Find the Fourier Transform for
2. Make use of F.T. to find the integrals that cannot be found in ordinary calculus.
3. The king has one sibling. What is the probability that he has sister?
4. For , x > 0, many approximated bounds exist as
a) Derive by using Chernoff bound.
b) Derive more compact bound as .