Other indicators of Social Class
○ area of residence, possessions, family background, and social interactions
○ inherited status
- Status that derives from parent at birth.
○ earned status
- Status acquired later in life through achievements.
Social Class Indexes
○ Computerized status inde
To have majority of the voting power within a certain
group. Generally, for the insiders who control the business.
DUAL CLASS STRUCTURE.
Assures management right
not interfered by stock market forces.
Ford, GM, Google…
Type - Public (NYSE : BRK.A, BRK.B)
S&P 500 Component
Industry - Conglomerate
Key people - Warren E. Buffett (Chair
Income Versus Social Class
○ More money - higher social standing
○ Income is not strongly related to social class for several reasons.
1.income levels often overlapsocial classes.
2.income increases greatly with age, but older workers do not automatically achieve
higher social staus.
3.in many countries an increasing numberof dual career familie