1. 동격의 Comma
Using the comma to separate phrases, words, or clauses in lists
a. a series of nouns
ex. The meal consisted of soup, fish, chicken, dessert and coffee.
b. a series of phrases
ex. On my birthday I went to the cinema, ate dinner in a restaurant, and went dancing.
c. a series of adjectives
ex. She was young, beautiful, kind, and intelligent.
d. a series of verbs
♧ The grammatical units of English are formed by words, phrases and clauses. ♧
(영어의 문법적 구성요소들은 단어, 구, 절들로 형성되어진다.)
Ⅰ. THE WORD The main word classes: noun, pronoun, verb, adjective, adverb, preposition, conjunction, interjection.
(주요 단어군: 명사, 대명사, 동사, 형용사, 부사, 전치사, 접속사, 감탄사) (單語; 단
nouns together among the foods shown on the Power-point screen.
- Students and teacher find non-countable nouns together among the foods shown on the Power-point screen.
- Teacher explains the grammatical rules explicitly : how much / many, a lot of
- Explain the unit of non-countable nouns
Examples) a loaf - bread
a bottle - soda
- Teacher explains the rule of the follow
nouns in parentheses
16. I sabel always has fresh eggs (egg) available because she raises
17. Chickens (chicken) in her yard.
18. I drank two glasses (glass) of water.
19. Mr. Kim wears glasses (glass) because he has poor eyesight.
20. Carol learned several new words (word) today.
21. I need some matches (match) to light the fire.
22. The baby got two new teeth (tooth).
23. Alex saw some mice (
1. Date : March 25, 2010
2. Text :
3. Unit : 13. How sweet it is!
4. Aims of this Lesson
Let students know countable and non-countable words of food.
Let students know how to use expressions of countable and non-countable nouns.
Let students speak and talk about foods they like.
5. Teaching Aids : PPT, Pictures of food