1.Brief Introduction of Author
African-American female writer
Her novels particularly focused
on racial & gender issues of black
Wrote The Bluest Eye based on her
‘real life experience’
A poor, black girl eager to have white skin and blue eyes.
She becomes insane at the end of the novel
3) Message strategies
Like mentioned before, the advertisement is focused on the premium chocolate series introduced by Ms. Green. The only female character in M&M’s, Ms. Green introduces new premium product to the customers and appeals its sexy image and implicitly tells the customer that this product is for hot women. According to the Rossiter & Percy grid, M&M products can be placed in the
character, theme, narrative, style
- Maverick brought heyday in Korean cinema: ended with Na’s death in 1937
- Filmmakers, Actors flew to Shanghai: Jin Yan(김염), Heo Young(Dr.Hu Yung)
Controversial Issues in Korean Silent Films
- Public awareness of drastic social changes
- Shinpa melodrama: female characters abandoning Confucian ideology and values
crucial impact a
a guise of Daphne,
is proposed by Osgood, an actual millionaire.
• When mobsters arrive at the hotel, Joe reveals his true identity to
Sugar. Jerry, Joe, Sugar, and Osgood escape in the Osgood’s yacht.
How it frames a woman on its screen follows certain conventions.
- How is the female character captured in a camera frame?
- Who are the assumed viewers?
As in Psycho: